Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Thursday 15 August 2013

August is show time!

The past few weeks have been so busy! I'm gradually synching with the timetable of the retailer's year . . . the Christmas cards are printed and already I have orders coming in from my increasing list of stockists, it's all very exciting!

Summer is the month for holidays and festivals, I'm taking part in two . . .

The first is this weekend, Saffron Walden Maze Festival; Helen at the Church Street Gallery asked for prints on the theme of "A State of Bewilderment" for the special maze-related exhibition.

My linocut 'When I find you' will be available at the exhibition, framed and unframed (in the smart new packaging). Cards are also for sale, if you are unable to get to the exhibition you can buy the cards here.

So, with my prints and cards safely delivered to the gallery for the opening of the exhibition tomorrow, I could turn my attention to FOLKEAST. This major festival has moving to a stunning new venue - Glemham Hall in Suffolk. A huge amount of work has gone into making this year's festival fatastic in everyway (I know, beacuse my best friend Kathy has been working her socks off making the web site and facebook page look great, as well as designing the printed programme while her other half is gearing up to run the sound). So when fellow Suffolk printmaker Mandy Walden got involved to organise 'something arty' on the festival site, I could hardly say no to taking part.

On Saturday 24th August I'll be at my stall in the Art Arcade on the FolkEast festival site, selling my prints and cards and also demonstrating cutting lino and wood blocks and maybe doing some printing too. So, if you're at the festival please drop by and say hello.

With just over a week to go there's still a lot to do! Framing, packing, etc. But why not add more pressure? So yesterday I started work on a new linocut specially for FolkEast . . . I'd better do some carving!


Celia
xx

16 comments:

  1. Love the designs, hope both shows go really well. Don't forget to breath occasionally during all the preparations :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Su. I've shuffled things round and gained a whole extra studio day before FolkEast... Phew!

      Delete
  2. I just love your work Celia. Well under way with xmas here too. By the way, my son also loves you work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both xx Doesn't it get hectic when shops want Christmas stock by early October. I bet people think you just waft about and do a little bit of pretty sewing ;-)

      Delete
  3. I do like those new designs, Celia.

    I wish I could get to either of those events, I am certain that I would enjoy them.

    I hope you get all the things done that you need to, and have fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to leave things later these days... but it does kick start the adrenaline which seems to make the results better.
      Hope things aren;t too hectic and I can have a quick look at other stands at FolkEast.

      Delete
  4. Your designs are so beautiful, good luck with the festivals.
    I live near to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and often visit the Hepworth Gallery in Wakefield, your lovely cards would really fit in their gift shops.
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the YSP - did you see the Mark Hearld Exhibition earlier this year?
      And thanks for those ideas xx

      Delete
  5. The maze design makes me think of a phrase from Devon; used to describe someone who's a bit daft- 'Ers maze (or, mazed) az a sheeps 'ead"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that saying! How apt... I cold use that for the next Maze Festival print.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous work as always - really like the maze linocut. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening from New York, Celia.

    I first had a look this this post (and the rewarding links, too) when having breakfast this morning. Then, I had to get off to my own workplace, so could not leave you a comment.

    Even better to re-read your post this evening and take another peek at those links. Now I really want to send you best wishes on every project your creative energies have been sent to. May each of them flourish.

    I am getting the idea that there are lots of creative folks in Suffolk, and that they do find a way to regularly combine their strengths. Bravo to you and to your creative comrades.

    All your recent prints are so very fine. How do you find time for the garden and those hens?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shall come and see you at Folkeast - I am dancing there with our Morris side (Pretty Grim Border Morris) - we are the ones with the boys with blacked faces.

    I agree this year its been publised so well - I am really excited to be going for the whole weekend and dancing there too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope both events go well, your maze print is lovely! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving both new designs ... can't wait to see the finished version of the latter.

    Have fun at the festivals and here's wishing you lots of summer sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the festival goes well for you Celia. It sounds like fun

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.