Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Monday 20 June 2011

The morning after the day before

Saturday was our Village Fete, lots of hard work by lots of people was rewarded by three hours of fun for many – and it wasn't a wash out, in fact the sun shone for most of the time. Also there, enjoying the games, music and teas, were Mrs and Mr P and the two Miss Ps some you may have 'met' on Silverpebble; and Fiona and Seraphina from Cottage Smallholder – you can read more about their visit to the fete here.

After the fete I helped Cliff to count the takings before going to the Fete Workers Supper to announce the Grand Total and tuck into Lasagne, salads and puddings.

As you can imagine, on Sunday morning we were in dire need of a therapeutic walk, so Cliff put together a six mile circuit taking in some of our favourite woodland paths – it was delightful. Walking through the fields and meadows, I had time to play with the filters on my iPhone camera . . .


Poppyfield

taken with Hipstamatic : Plastic



Yorkshire Fog

taken with Hipstamatic : Plastic



Now back to work in my studio – time to plan some new prints.

Celia
x

6 comments:

  1. Love the photo effects! Is that via an app or just in the iPhone camera settings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are taken using the Hipstamatic App - basically a set of different filters to choose from after you've taken a photo using the iPhone camera.

    Celia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it went well. I saw a banner advertising it as I was driving home from Cambridge that afternoon, but I was too late to detour to try and find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the success of the fete! And, what a great idea to have that long walk on the next day to really change your focus.

    I love those iphone photos. Since I do not have an iphone, I am even more intrigued by the possibilities that they offer. Would it be possible sometime to show a "plain" photo taken with you iphone followed by the same view using one of the filters?

    Wondering if I will even hop on the Apple trail.... xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done on the fete... ours is in August and I cannot wait...

    ... bravo for the hipstamatic!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.