Celia Hart's blog about what's going on in and around her studio.
Art, printmaking, inspirations, gardening, vegetables, hens, landscapes, wild flowers, East Anglia, adventure, travel.

Thursday 18 September 2008

A Nepalese supper



Dal baht takari with gundruk cooked for last night's reunion of
'The Tai Chi Girls' by their erstwhile teacher, Nicky,
in her Mum's kitchen in Cambridge.

Nicky is home for a short visit to see family and friends, from Nepal
where she now lives and works. Instead of meeting in a restaurant,
we were treated to some typical Nepalese dishes, including bitter gourd
(a vegetable I've never eaten before) and for dessert a delicious
noodle pudding with dried fruit and nuts served with
nuggets of hard smoky toffee.

Instead of paying a restaurant bill we donated money to
the Rangjung Yeshe Shenpen Vajra Varahi Healthcare project's
mobile clinic where Nicky works as a homeopath.

9 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds wonderful. I hope you have found a new T'ai Chi teacher. I'm a keen follower of the Lee style which is taught in our village. We are very lucky - the teacher lives here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea. Striking dishes. Food sounds delish

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colourful table. The food sounds differently delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it look pretty? I love the new lino prints that you have put in your shop, it makes me want to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delish... also love the Derby; even without the gilding etc it still looks wonderful.

    (I have a bit of a thing for Imari)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Veg Heaven - you're very lucky to have a local Tai Chi teacher.

    Gina, Joanna & Lucy - the food was delicious!

    Toffeeaple - it was quite a party!

    Acornmoon – thank you!

    Zoe - I loved the china too but didn't realise it was Derby. It set the food off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've stumbled across your wonderful blog ... Very interesting .... My grand parents and ancestors came from Norfolk..I've passed through Suffolk and norfolk a long time ago now though ...

    That nepalese meal looks fantastic ..:O)

    D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all the comments (except for spam and advertising which I will delete) and I'll reply here in the comments under each blog post, it may take a few days if I'm busy.
You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.